Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Civil Status: Married
Elementary: UP Elementary School, 1981
College: History, University of the
Higher Studies: Master’s in Public Administration, University of the
2001-2004 Secretary, Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council
2004 Presidential campaign spokesperson, Office of the President
1995-2001 Representative, 3rd district,
* There were days that roll call was dispensed with; M=official mission/business
Housing program, agrarian reform
1. one of the top 10 Legislators
2. New Millennium’s Most Outstanding Solons
3. Most Consistent Outstanding Congressman for three consecutive years by the Gladiators Magazine and Congress Watch Magazine
4. voted by his party-mates as assistant minority floor leader of the Eleventh Congress
5. appointed presidential adviser on housing
6. appointed chair of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC)
7. Most Outstanding Cabinet Secretary by the Gawad Paglilingkod Metro Manila Radio Reporters Organization in 2002 in recognition of his performance as chairman of HUDCC
8. one of
HOUSE BILLS AUTHORED:
RA 8313, An Act upgrading the
RA 8976, An Act Requiring the Fortification of Processed Foods with Essential Micronutrients.
An Act Creating the Department of Housing and Urban Development
Dangerous Drugs Act of 1998
Act Amending the Magna Carta of the Disabled Persons
Act Mandating the Nationwide Rabies Vaccination Program
STAND ON CHARTER CHANGE ISSUE:
Defensor, for his part, admitted con-ass, which he called Malacaňang’s “best option”, needs the concurrence of the Senate.
“Without the support of the Senate, then again we go back to the Supreme Court for a legal decision, and that I think is the problem,” he said.
Defensor admitted he would rather support the holding of a constitutional convention. At least we get the senate support and the basic sector supporting us, the church leaders,” Defensor said.